We strive to keep your Personal Information private and safe. We take commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security of Personal Information collected, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. All payment transactions will be handled through our third party payment processor, and we will not have access to your credit card number or other such financial data. Please do NOT email us any credit card or other financial information.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit through the Sites, any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties, and we will not be liable for any breach of the security of your Personal Information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism, and we are not responsible for unauthorized circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide to Us
The Personal Information you provide to us is generally:
• Contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
• Login and account information, including unique user ID and password
• Personal details including date of birth and purchase history
• Payment or credit card information through our third-party payment processor
• Personal preferences including a wish list as well as marketing preferences
• Employment and education history and other information that you provide to us if you apply for employment with us through our Sites
We collect Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us. This typically occurs when you:
• Sign up for our email list
• Place an order with us online
• Send us an email or other communication
• Join any of our social networking sites
• Register for an account with us
• Participate in our promotions, surveys, and/or contests
• The IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet (which may include information about your geographic location)
• The unique identifiers of your device
• Your browser characteristics
• Your device characteristics
• Your operating system
• Your language preferences
• The URLs through which you were referred to our Site
• Information on actions taken by you on our Site
• Dates and times of your visits to our Site
• The pages you accessed on our Site
We may collect information, which may include certain Personal Information data such as your IP address, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (a) IP-address; (b) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (c) unique device identifier and device type; (d) domain, browser type and language; (e) operating system and system settings; (f) country and time zone; (g) previously visited websites; (h) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (i) access times and referring URLs.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system, you can set your browser to refuse them. Please review the specific instructions from your browser in order to do this. However, please note that not accepting cookies may make certain features of our Sites unavailable or difficult to view or use.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Sites. When you click one of these URLs, you will pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our Sites. If you prefer not to be tracked through our emails, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Third parties may also collect information via our Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets in order to deliver our targeted advertisements to you across the Internet.
Our web server may collect clickstream information such as the address (or URL) of the website that you came from before visiting the Sites, which pages you visit on the Sites, which browser you used to view the Sites, and any search terms you may have entered on our site, among other things. The Sites may also use other technologies to track which pages our visitors view.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Where you have asked us to do so, or consented to us doing so;
• Where we need to do so in order to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
If we seek investors or go through a business transition, including but not limited to, a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be shared as part of the negotiation of the transaction and will likely be among the assets transferred in the event of a sale or partial sale of our assets.
We may disclose your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of Users of the Sites or the public.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. See the “Privacy Notice for California Residents” here.
If you use a third-party website or application (e.g. Facebook, Google +, Twitter) to access our Sites or your account on our Sites, your activities on such third-party sites or apps are governed by the privacy practices of those sites or apps. The privacy policies of other sites and apps may differ significantly from ours, and we have no control over the operation of those sites or apps or the manner in which the collect, store, or process data.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
There are ways by which you can control how your Personal Information is used.
You may opt out of Internet-based and mobile advertising on your mobile device by visiting TRUSTe’s Ad Preference Manager, currently available at https://preferences-mgr.truste.com, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice page, currently available at https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org, or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool currently available at https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
When using the ad industry opt out tools described above, note that: (a) if you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention), but it will not be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you; (b) if you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device; and (c) other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out, and we have no control over the practices of any third-parties. We do not make any representations or warranties about such opt-out services. Such services are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for their performance.
DISCLOSURE FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
If you are a resident of California, please click here for specific provisions that apply to you.
We and you agree that in the event of any dispute, the party wishing to address the dispute must contact the other party in writing, including by e-mail, and advise the other party of the dispute in reasonable detail as well as informing the other party of the remedy being sought. We may send you notices via the email address or physical address you provide to us, and all notices to us shall be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “DISPUTE NOTICE” in the subject. The parties shall then make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution. In the event that the dispute is not resolved through this procedure, the party raising the dispute may proceed to mandatory arbitration as set forth below.
• Place of Arbitration Hearings. Unless you elect to conduct the arbitration by telephone or written submission, an in-person arbitration hearing will conducted at a JAMS facility in your area or at a JAMS facility in Cleveland, Ohio.
• Selection of Arbitrator shall be made pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures or JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, depending on the amount of the claim as specified herein.
• Conduct of Arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator under JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. For claims exceeding $5,000.00, the arbitration shall be conducted under JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures Subject to the applicable JAMS procedure, the arbitrator shall allow reasonable discovery in the forms permitted by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, to the extent consistent with the purpose of the arbitration. The arbitrator(s) shall have no power or authority to amend or disregard any provision of this section or any other provision of these Terms of Service, except as necessary to comply with JAMS’ Policy on Consumer Arbitrations Pursuant to Pre-Dispute Clauses Minimum Standards of Procedural Fairness. The arbitration hearing shall be commenced promptly and conducted expeditiously. If more than one day is necessary, the arbitration hearing shall be conducted on consecutive days unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.
• Findings and Conclusions. The arbitrator(s) shall, after reaching judgment and award, prepare and distribute to the parties written findings of fact and conclusions of law relevant to such judgment and award and containing an opinion setting forth the reasons for the giving or denial of any award. The award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
• Costs and Fees. You will be subject to a filing fee, set by JAMS, to initiate the arbitration. To the extent permitted by JAMS procedures, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators’ and administrative fees of arbitration, and we will remain responsible for its share of costs, expenses and fees plus any costs, expenses and fees required under JAMS procedures.
• Litigation. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms. Either party also may, without waiving any remedy under these Terms, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim or provisional relief that is necessary to protect the rights or property of that party, pending the establishment of the arbitral tribunal (or pending the arbitral tribunal’s determination of the merits of the controversy).
Any arbitration, claim or other proceedings by or between you and us shall be conducted on an individual basis and not in any class action, mass action, or on a consolidated or representative basis. You further agree that the arbitrator shall have no authority to award class-wide relief or to combine or aggregate similar claims or unrelated transactions. You acknowledge and agree that this agreement specifically prohibits you from commencing arbitration proceedings as a representative of others. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, each party waives any right to a jury trial. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void, or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
We do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through email or otherwise. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting the same to us, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute the information for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at the Sites, or wish to update your Personal Information, please send an email to email@example.com.