The following applies to you only if you are a California resident.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to the following email address: email@example.com and include the words “CALIFORNIA PRIVACY” in the subject line, and you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of the request and state the name of our specific website with respect to which you are requesting the information as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
Please note the following:
• We will add a link to this Privacy Notice on our home page, or at a minimum, on the first significant page after entering the Sites;
• Users are able to change their Personal Information by emailing us, by calling us, or updating their Personal Information in their online accounts with us;
• Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals that give you control over the collection and use of web browsing information. Because uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, we do not process or respond to such signals in users’ web browsers at this time; and
• We allow the collection of users’ behavioral tracking by third parties. We authorize the collection of Personal Information on the Sites by third parties.
In addition, Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about their collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
As a California consumer, you have a right to request what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request as described below, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
• The categories of the sources for the Personal Information we collected about you • Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information.
• The specific pieces of Personal information we collected about you
In addition, if we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, we will provide you with two separate lists disclosing:
• Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories disclosed that each category of recipient obtained
• Sales and/or disclosures for a commercial purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of each category of recipient obtained; and
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
As a California consumer, you have the right to request that we delete any or all of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request to delete your Personal Information if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
• Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Right to Non-Discrimination if You Exercise any of Your Rights
As a California consumer, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, if you exercise any of your California rights, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your Rights to Know and to Delete
To exercise your rights to know and/or to delete described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or your authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with your Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your verifiable consumer request within ten (10) days and provide you with information about how we will process the request, describing our verification process and when you should expect a response. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period immediately preceding our receipt of your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Information We Collect From California Consumers
We collect Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device.